Following a favorable outcome of preparing candidates for the patent agent exam in 2022 and 2023, The IP Press presents the third cohort of the Crash Course on Patent Agent Examination 2024.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Indian Patent Agent Examination is conducted by the Indian Patent Office (IPO) and requires thorough knowledge of the Indian Patents Act, patent drafting, and interpretation abilities. The exam is divided into three parts: Paper I, Paper II, and an interview. In order to help the candidates understand the Examination pattern and qualify the same, we are offering a practical training-based crash course on the preparation for the Patent Agent examination 2024.
We wish to make the syllabus easier and more approachable through this course and help the student understand the examination pattern and the best way to attempt it.
OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE
- Prepare candidates to qualify for the Indian Patent Agent Examination (Paper I and Paper II) to be held in the year 2024.
- Train candidates for the patent agent interview (For candidates who pass Paper I and Paper II).
- Provide practical training on how to deal with Indian prosecution and drafting.
- Provide training on live matters on Indian patent prosecution.
- Prepare freshers (looking for jobs in patent firms) for job interviews concerning patent agent work
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
- Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights
- Understanding the role of a Patent Agent including the qualifications, eligibility criteria
- Patents and Patentability Criteria
- Processing of Indian Patent Application
- Patent Drafting
- Exercise-related to Patent drafting
- Practice responding to FERs, Amendment of application, and specification
- Concept of unity of invention with examples, landmark case laws
- Jurisdiction, Opposition proceedings before patent Office
- International Scenario
- Concept of Revocation of the Patent (grounds, procedure)
THE COURSE INCLUDES-
- Preparation for both papers 1& 2
- Interview Preparation
- Online weekend classes
- Previous years’ papers
- Mock paper
- Online study material and resources
1. Mr. Deepak Singh, Team Leader – Patents at R K Dewan & Co.
2. Dr. Shivani Shrivastava, Associate Partner at LEXORBIS
3. Mr. Gaurav Mishra, Intellectual Property Attorney, BananaIP Counsels
4. Ms. Anjali Santhosh, Managing Associate at BananaIP Counsels
5. Dr. Bharti Jain, swash legal consultants
6. Ms. Swati Mittal, Senior Associate, IP LItigation at LEXORBIS
7. Ms. Priya Adlakha, Patent Attorney
COURSE FEE: INR 3999/-